Below is a list of good and bad ICT experiences I was involved in during my prac. I think I’ll get the bad ones out of the way first.
- I was introducing congruency with the IWB using an app I downloaded onto my surface and my presentation was boring and slow because I was not confident even after some practise. The students could see this if they were blind and lost focus on the lesson altogether. I was so embarrassed and disappointed.
- I was doing an online activity with the students and hearing some students say that they were bored was very disheartening for me because I know they’re not learning if that’s the case.
- I was showing the students how to use powtoon so they could develop a story tell
- I used internet as a revision task a couple times and both times were great. I had websites up on the board for them to refer to and visit. Some included math games which was a big hit. Students were learning and reinforcing their learning through games.
- I used digital cameras for students to take pictures to construct thier story tell and to record their story tell when they were to present it to the class. They loved it.
- I used the digital camera for students to take pictures of their bridges they built using straws. Students would then place their pictures up on the learning place. They loved using my cameras and it got their attention in doing the task.